Sunday, November 9, 2008

WINTER'S ARRIVAL AND DEATH METAL



Ok, so the weekend was rather spectacular! I hung out with a coupla friends; went to a Tibetan restaurant and pigged, and followed it up with a late night coffee session at Cafe Coffee day one of my favoritest( I know the word does not even exist ^-^) places to be. The only downside was that i had a double shot of expresso and so I could not get a wink of sleep! hohoho. Anyways sleep deprivation once in a while is not too bad...

So then coming to the crux of this post- winter. Yup, the season for lovers is here( extra cuddling ya know) and though I am quite conveniently not in love I kinda find myself being caught up in the whole fireplace thingy. The biggest attraction to winter for me is the way everything goes into hibernate mode and that is quite a pleasant change from the usual hastiness that characterizes city life. I like to sit back with a cup of coffee and quietly watch the whole world pass by and believe me winter is your best accomplice for this activity. Then there's the Christmas thing which I swear is my favorite season of the year. The gifts aside there's just something in the air that fills up your heart and makes you grateful for your life. Yup, I confess I listen to Christmas songs all year round:-) and under no circumstance am I giving that habit up. No sir!

Ok, heres another thing peeps. I've been trying to incorporate screamo and growls into my music lately. Yes, yes I know what most of you might be thinking- dude's out to ruin his voice and make a fool of himself. I thank you for your concerns and respect your apprehensions, but believe me there are correct ways of doing it; using your diaphragm and what not. But anyway, the real reason for me taking to this is not because I'm turning into a metal freak, though oddly enough I am listening to metal for the first time in my life. Its because I feel that knowing how to scream and growl gives a singer a wider scope of expression. And music to me has always been about expression. After a period of time one gets a little frustrated with just doing mellow songs and jazz cuz life is hardly one track; on the contrary there is an entire gamut of emotions and feelings that we undergo. So I thought why not try this out, and boy! am I liking it:-) I'm still starting out so my screams and growls will not be sending anyone into a cardiac arrest right now but on the whole I believe that I'm doing quite well and hope to have it down to a science soon enough. Watch out for the new kid on the block fellas!LOL.

So thats it for today then. I hope that you guys have a great week ahead of y'all. Peace!

No comments: