Thursday, November 20, 2008

IN THE NAME OF THE MASTERS!


I am a huge fan of the martial arts, and though I have not undergone formal training I make sure to supplement all my work out sessions with kick boxing. However I am not what one might call hardcore, as in those who undergo brutal training. And truth be told I have not seen anyone being brutalized for the art's sake in real life.

What I stumbled upon a few days ago on Youtube however exceeds all my ideas about training. There is a certain form of fighting in Indonesia and Malaysia known as Pencak Silat. Its application as a deadly art is widely recognized among martial arts enthusiasts and masters; I have in fact known about it for quite a long time; five years if I use my guessnomics:-) Yet, all I knew about it did not prepare me for what I saw!

I am posting a link to the video below so take a look yourself. I know that most things in life are subjective and so I have no right to be berating what someone else does. But in this case I wonder if its not a case of ignorant practices being attached to an otherwise very efficient art. All my explanations will not make sense until you see it for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhsG29VULY

No comments: