Monday, June 2, 2008

SOMETHING FOR THE MUSIC LOVERS


Hey people! How's everyone's weekend been? Me, I've been developing my inner peace by staying home and lazing around, yeah, that's sure to give me peace! :-)

So I've something to share with you all. I am an ardent Youtuber and when I'm online I'm usually loitering around Youtube premises; they cant arrest me for that, can they? Ok whatever, so I was scrounging around Youtube when I came across this amazing singer. She's pretty, dresses cool, has an amazing voice, and to top it all she's just 11!

I know there are many child singers out there. Some very good, I have to admit. However, usually while I like their vocal techniques and their pitch is correct, I have nothing much to say about the voice. In this case though, I love the voice that comes out of that pretty face! There's this other singer named Charice who is also pretty amazing for a 15 year old, but somehow I find her voice a little fake... Don't sue me for saying that. Nora Foss Al Jabri, thats her name, on the other hand has such a rich voice! I prefer using the imagery of rich olive oil to describe her voice. It's fluid, warm and amazingly mature without coming across as pretentious.

I'm posting a youtube link to her rendition of 'Somewhere over the rainbow' from the musical 'The wizard of Oz' soundtrack. Diggg itttt!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MfunMfOPYOk&feature=related

No comments: