Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MY MIDNIGHT SNACK

Today I just have this desire to write about something silly and just because I can I will! LOL. I am nocturnal in a very literal sense of the word. Having no classes to attend or office to report to ( hopefully not for very long...) I have the luxury of deciding when I wake up and when I go to sleep. And so I find myself gradually turning into a creature of the night, not that I am complaining- I love the night. Whatever, I want to tell you about the one thing that punctuates my nights unfailingly: My midnight snack.

I usually watch a movie or am on Youtube watching everything from the hilariously horny puppy( humping furiously at its owners legs I may add) to the beautiful pictures taken by Henri Cartier Bresson. And the perfect accompaniment to my escapades is a yummy bowl of noodles with a whole swamp of tomato sauce splattered on it. And to top it off the cursory glass of milk follows; did I mention that I love milk too?

So here is how I prepare the noodles. My noodle of choice is 'Top Ramen'. I like it because it is instantaneous but not pukeish smelling like some other varieties. This is how I usually prepare it;
First goes some carrots into the dish, then a small piece of ginger, a clove of garlic, one green chilly, half a tomato, half an onion, a stalk of spring onion, diced french beans and coriander whenever its lying around. The way to prepare it is super simple. Put all the ingredients into a dish; next pour in 1 and a half cups of water; bring it to boil now; add the noodles and let it boil for a minute; finally put in the seasoning and bring it down after two minutes. And there you have it- yummy noodles that will do any Michelin starred restaurant proud... well, at least in my book! And then after I have had an almost mystical experience the glass of skimmed milk follows like the proverbial icing on the cake.

Thats how my nights go but occasionally the odd toast with cheese replaces the noodles. If and when I start working( which I will eventually have to do despite my strongest aversion to it) I will miss these nightly crimes more than anything else. Its simply a matter of habit like they say... I'll post a picture of this delectable concoction ASAP for your unabashed admiration. Till I do that let these words drive you to a state of salivation!

No comments: